Experienced North Carolina Franchise Law Attorney
Asheville lawyer assists with purchase, sale and management
Franchising your business or buying into a franchise can be a lucrative venture. But the key to success is doing it correctly from the beginning. An experienced franchise lawyer can make certain you are on the right track.
Honeycutt Law Firm, PLLC assesses the risks and advantages of franchising, as well as the commitment required, so you have sufficient information to support your decisions.
Knowledgeable about all aspects of franchise law
For franchisors, Mr. Honeycutt provides the following services:
- Explains your rights and obligations
- Creates a financing plan
- Drafts and reviews critical documents:
- Franchise agreement
- Equipment lease
- Software license
- Escrowed lease assignment
- Term and renewal provisions
- Transfer conditions
- Development agreement formulas
- Protected territory arrangements
- Disclosure documents
- Helps formulate franchise payments, royalties, advertising contributions
- Registers the franchise
- Ensures compliance with state and federal disclosure requirements
- Discusses trademark issues
For franchisees, the firm ensures your interests are protected by reviewing the terms and conditions in your franchise agreement for:
- The term
- Right to renew
- Protected territory offering
- Franchise opening requirements
- Franchise fee
- Trademark requirements
- Transfer restrictions
- Termination provisions
- Dispute resolution parameters
Law firm helps you get the most out of your purchase
Mr. Honeycutt makes certain you understand your rights and obligations under the agreement. He also vigorously negotiates your agreement with the franchisor if necessary, drafts or reviews the franchise purchase agreement, and champions your interests through the closing.
If you are selling a franchise, he drafts and reviews documents related to the sale of assets, assignment of lease and assignment of the franchise agreement.
Clients trust Mr. Honeycutt to provide concrete advice and outstanding service as they work through the franchise process.